It is not always beneficial to choose crystal clear windows on your car despite traditional thinking. There are several advantages of window tinting, which we shall share below.
Often people avoid the fact that constant exposure to the sun can make them prone to skin sensitivity or cancer. But window tinting blocks around 99% of the sun’s rays and offers additional protection when you drive.
Keeping the interior safe
UV rays don’t damage your skin. They also damage your car’s cabin and fade the upholstery and dashboard. Tinted windows can secure them and expand the life of your car’s cabin.
Safety against accidents
A window tint film sticks to your car’s window and holds the broken glass together in case of an accident, keeping the shattered pieces from flying around.
Window tints offer the car owners privacy in their cabin. It makes it harder for others to see in, making it tougher for anyone to notice any valuables inside the car.
By preventing UV rays, window tints can make your car interior cooler and comfier, especially during the hot months. Window tints also lower the glare from the sun for higher comfort of the eyes.
While window tinting helps keep the interior cooler, it also lowers the use of air conditioning. Lower use of air conditioning saves your fuel and helps you get more mileage.
Tinted windows give your car a unique look and enhance its overall exterior.
Some window tinting tips for beginners
- Window tinting laws differ by state: As the local window tinting laws for every area are unique, you should familiarize yourself with them. You don’t want any cop behind you saying this tint was not allowed and face hefty fines.
- Where to get the tint on your car? It is important to understand which windows are allowed to be tinted. For instance, the rear and side mirror should have light tints, or it will hinder your vision. Dark shields are not permissible in most states because it hampers the view.
- Different tint options available: There are different types of tints available; it is up to you to decide. From premium-dyed tint, metalized tint, ceramic tint, and nano-ceramic tint to high visibility window film, you have an incredible number of options to select from.
- Learn about the maintenance: Once installed, you should also know how to take care of it. Depending on the weather, you should wait for the tint to cure properly. Once it is cured, you should clean it using mild soapy water and wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
- Focus on quality: The quality of window tint varies. Some may be cheap, while others are costly. A compromise on quality can lead to quick fading and peeling. Choose high-quality window tinting so that it lasts long.
- Choose professional tinting: As a novice, you are bound to make mistakes if you are using a DIY kit. You may notice bubbles or peeling and also unnecessarily damage your glass. Rather, get it professionally installed to surpass the expectations and get the best services.