Those of us who have had to plan big events know that it’s more work than most people think. From catering and set-up to keeping guests constantly entertained, planning fun events in Philadelphia can turn into a long and difficult process. It’s essential to make sure you don’t forget anything, though – planning an event in a restaurant is all about the details.
When it comes to planning an event at a restaurant, many factors play into a flawless celebration. Some but not all of these include the size of the party, the type of food served, and the kind of entertainment that is planned. Getting a restaurant with the best food and best atmosphere is a place to start, but it’s not enough. There are details that must be taken care of first in order for an event at a restaurant to go off without a hitch.
Since events are different from your typical dinner, they are generally much more interactive and fun for the attendees. But something to keep in mind is that—similar to event planning anywhere else—the costs of restaurant celebrations can really add up. Having a solid plan ensures that you aren’t met with hefty fees that weren’t factored into the budget.
What are the key factors in planning an event in a restaurant?
If you’ve been deemed (or chose to be) the lead party planner and you’ve never had to map out a large event before, it can seem daunting. The first important step is to simply ensure that you don’t procrastinate. When it comes to event planning, time is money—you’re more likely to pay more if you’re dealing with things last minute instead of being proactive.
The best restaurant events are ones that are planned around the preferences of your guests. This focus on their needs ensures that attendees have a blast, rather than being bullied into participating in an activity they don’t enjoy. So you must ask yourself key questions before planning begins so you know how to best approach the party.
- What type of food will be served?
- What is the theme of the event?
- Will there be entertainment?
- How many people will be in attendance?
- What is the budget for the event?
Once you have answered these questions, it’s time to start planning! Here are six easy steps to follow:
- RESEARCH: Look for restaurants that fit both your budget and the theme of your event.
- REACH OUT: Once you have found a couple of restaurants, reach out to them and see if they are available on the date you want. If so, they’ll be more than happy to help you plan your party.
- COLLABORATE: If the restaurant is available on the date and time of your event, collaborate with them to figure out best-case scenarios for both of you.
- LAUNCH: Once you’ve ironed out all of the details, it’s time to launch your big event!
- ENJOY: The best part of the party is, obviously, celebrating with those who were invited to attend.
- FOLLOW UP: Even though your guests had a blast and the event went off without a hitch, there are always things that can be improved on. So follow up with the restaurant post-event and give them your feedback. This will help them plan future events even better.
Now that you know how to plan an event at a restaurant like a pro, get out there and start celebrating! From milestone birthday parties to company holiday gatherings, there’s no event that can’t be enhanced by the culinary expertise and festive atmospheres of one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia PA. So get planning and make your next event the best one yet!