Buying a new swimsuit is tricky as you need to find the right style and the most flattering fit. Sometimes, it is even more difficult for curvy women as many brands don’t design swimwear, keeping the needs of a voluptuous body in mind.
While finding curvy womens swimwear for a first-time buyer can be daunting, it can get much simpler when you learn a few things. You will also be surprised to know that there are more options that you’ve come across, and the best thing is there is always scope for experimentation.
So, the tips below could help you get sorted and simplify the purchasing process.
1. Learn about your shape
Each woman is unique, and you must realise that it’s okay not to fit into a mould. Instead, you should dress according to your body and enhance or conceal areas you prefer.
Look at the following points to get some hints.
- Choose a wrap bikini or belted swimsuit to highlight the waist.
- If you’re busty, look for bikinis and swimwear with wide straps, underwired cups and sturdy fabric. A halter-style bikini can look sexy to frame the cleavage.
- If you have an hourglass-shaped body, choose high-waisted bottoms to cover the stomach and emphasise your curves.
- You can try out a retro look by choosing a low-cut leg opening.
- You can balance your fuller top by adding a skirted bottom.
- If you are not comfortable with high-cut legs and plunging necklines, go for mesh panels and cut-outs that can look just as sexy.
2. Follow some guidelines
Learning about your body type is not enough to get your hands on curvy womens swimwear. You need to consider some guidelines as you go shopping.
- Different manufacturers size products differently. It could be possible that the swimsuit that fits you perfectly has a number on the label that is bigger than your usual size. Since these things aren’t standard, you need to focus on the fit rather than the label.
- You need to ensure that the swimsuit is comfortable and provides ease of movement.
- You can try buying tops and bottoms separately. It is quite common for women to have different upper and lower body proportions. If you choose a tankini, skirtini or bikini, buy them as separates. This will ensure the best fit and provide you with options for different looks.
- You may try out different silhouettes and learn what you can pull off the best.
3. Steer clear of common misconceptions
There are many outdated style tips when related to curvy women’s swimwear. So, it is best to refrain from those that can restrict you from looking your best. Some of the common misconceptions that you must not pay heed to are:
- Often curvy women are said to stick to black since black is ‘slimming’. In reality, other dark colours have the same effect as black. You’re also free to experiment with any number of prints and colours that you like.
- Many suggest going for baggy styles to hide bumps. But baggy swimwear emphasises bumps and makes one look unflattering.
- Plus-sized swimwear is considered of poor quality that doesn’t last long. But these swimwear styles have improved over the years and are available in the same style and quality as other designs.
Since each body is unique, there is no one size fits all solution when buying swimwear. Remember, you should not feel restrained while trying out different colours, patterns and styles of swimwear. All you need to do is know your body and preferences and find the perfect fit that makes you feel comfortable and confident.
Moviesjoy is a platform for new movies live streaming.